1. Residents of
Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula can
become members of this Library.
2. The Security is Rs. 250/- for Govt. Servants
and Children below the age of 16 Rs.150/-. For others the security
is Rs. 500/-. Special membership is
offered to non-residents by depositing Rs.1000/-
3. Security is refunded once you
cease to be member of this Library.
4. Members are responsible for
the safe custody of their membership cards. The duplicate card will be
issued on payment of Re. 50/-. Members will be held responsible for any
loss that the library may have to undergo due to the misuse of their lost
5. The card of a reader will be
valid for twelve months and can be renewed by filling up a renewal slip
6. Bags, helmets, briefcases,
sticks, umbrellas etc. are to be deposited at the entrance counter.
7. The Library is open to public
from 10.00 am. to 5.30 pm on all working
8. It is closed on
Sundays, Gazetted holidays and last Saturdays
of the month.
RULES FOR BORROWING BOOKS
1. Two books can be issued to a
member for a maximum period of 14 days.
2. Books on loan can be recalled
and the loan terminated at any time by order of the Librarian.
3. Books can be renewed once only
for a period of another 14 days. Renewal can be done over the phone No
4. Delay fine @ Rs 1/- is charged per day per book if not returned.
5. Before leaving the counter,
the member shall satisfy himself/herself as to whether the book is in
sound condition and if not shall bring the book to the notice of the
Librarian/person issuing book at the counter, otherwise he/she will be
held responsible for the replacement of books.
6. Counter for issue/return of
books will close 15 minutes before the closing time of the library.
7. In case the book is lost the
member shall replace the book, or pay the cost of book plus one third
extra as cost escalation charges..
8. Periodical publications, rare
books and books from Reference Section are not issued.
9. Membership can be nullified if
a member is found tearing pages of the books, stealing of hiding books
10. Certain periodicals can be read only on producing
membership card or one's identity card.
RULES FOR BORROWING CD
1. Two CD's can be borrowed for a maximum
period of two days apart from books.
2. User Fee of Rs. 5/- is charged per title for a period of 2 days.
3. Overdue charges @ Rs 5/- per day per title is
4. The borrower should
check the CD before getting it issued. He/She is responsible is
case of any damage to the CD borrowed and shall have to replace /pay the
information under RTI Act, Please contact CPIO, Mr
Suraj P. Nagpal.